Below are Guidelines, in brief, of the Budwig Diet & Lifestyle Plan – you don’t have to consume all the foods on this list but do your best to follow this plan. This information is from Dr. Budwig’s books. Each food or liquid in this plan has an important purpose.
1. 1st thing in AM–Sauerkraut Juice, preferably raw and homemade. Raw unheated kraut has enzymes, probiotics and vitamins – all help the digestive system metabolize foods & improve immunity.
2. Just before breakfast– green or herbal tea
3. Breakfast–3 Tbs. Flax Oil & 6 Tbs. Quark or Cottage Cheese+ 3 Tbs. milk if needed for thinning, well blended, add 2 Tbsp whole flaxseeds, freshly ground, add fresh fruit, fruit juice, raw nuts, 1 tsp raw honey. Afterward, if hungry, choose whole grain bread, raw vegetables, & quality cheeses like Edam, Gouda, Emmentaler, Sbrinz or Camembert.
4. Mid-morning – Homemade Vegetable Juice (carrots, beets w/lemon or apple, or greens) . Homemade carrot or beet juices are very important cancer-fighters.
5. Before Lunch – Champagne or sparkling wine with 1Tbs whole flaxseeds, freshly ground, OR ground flax seeds in small glass of fruit juice. The champagne helps with absorption of the seeds.
6. SUNBATHING outside 10 to 20 minutes around noon [weather permitting] without sun lotion or glasses, expose as much skin as possible. Avoid washing with soap after sunbathing. Give vitamin D time to be made on the skin and absorbed[24-48 hours]
7. Lunch – raw vegetable salad or vegetable plate + Budwig dressing. If still hungry, boiled or steamed veggies, grains and beans, lentils, or potatoes. [See “DINNER” in the Menu for recipes]
8. Lunch Dessert – Must have a 2nd serving of 3 Tbs. Flax Oil & 6 Tbs. Quark or Cottage Cheese with 3 Tbs milk, well blended. Add raw fruit, pure fruit juice, raw nuts, raw honey and other flavors you like. People with a smaller appetite can reduce the amount.
9. Mid-afternoon – 1 Tbs. whole flaxseeds, freshly ground, added to 3 to 8 oz of pure fruit juice, homemade or store bought.
10. STRESS REDUCTION/RELAXATION PRACTICE — Meditation to relax the mind, EFT to change thinking, & other techniques that reduce stress as shown on the Budwig-Videos website for those who join. [EFT is Emotional Freedom Technique]. Chronic stress can be very damaging to our health.
11. Late afternoon – Papaya or pineapple juice, 3 to 8 oz, with 1 Tbs. whole flaxseeds, freshly ground.
12. Dinner – Grains alone or grains & beans plus vegetables w/oleolux, nutritional yeast flakes & spices. Grains & beans combined make a complete protein. Vegetables such as spinach, asparagus, broccoli, & cabbage add nutrition and aid absorption. Dine early.
13. Evening – 1 glass Red Wine [optional]. Go to sleep early – by 10pm if possible.
14. You can also use ELDI oils rubbed on the skin or as an enema if needed. You can make ELDI oil at home by mixing 75% flax oil with 25% wheat germ oil to preserve it.
15. AVOID chemicals, preservatives, damaging fats, meats/poultry/eggs/fish, sugar, sugar substitutes, highly processed foods, most supplements, ozone treatments, dental infections and wean off drugs if possible [under a doctor’s care]
For a more complete explanation of Dr. Budwig’s plan, please read the Summary of the Budwig plan in detail in the Menu on the front page of http://budwig-videos.com
Read more at – http://www.budwigcenter.com/the-budwig-diet/#.VPCVsi719rU